Well many have asked for the “Blueberry Snaps” Recipe, so I thought I would oblige.
I will update this page as more recipes are tested and approved by the 4 leggers.
So far they will eat just about anything I give them, but if your pups don’t end up liking what you make Luna says she will happily take them off your hands. 😉
Do let me know how your pups like them if you try any
“Blueberry PB Snaps”
1 cup Unbleached Flour 1/2 cup whole -wheat flour
2 teaspoon Baking powder 2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup Natural Peanut butter 1/4 cup blueberries chopped
1/2 cup water (also added a Tablespoon or two of flax meal)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Measure the unbleached flour, whole wheat, baking powder, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and whisk until combined
3. Slightly warm the water in a microwave safe glass and mix with peanut butter and blueberries until smooth and creamy
4. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the peanut butter mixture. Mix on medium speed with a paddle attachment (or wooden spoon as I did) until combined.
5. Turn out onto a floured surface (then let pups lick the beaters 🙂 ) and lightly knead until dough is smooth and still soft (sprinkle extra bits of flour if too sticky)
6. Roll dough out until 1/4-inch thick and cut into desired shapes
7. Place the biscuits onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. You want them to be dry and rather firm to touch. Don’t worry you can’t over cook them, but you can burn them.
8. Turn off the oven but leave the biscuits in the oven for another 20-30 minutes to allow them to further dry out.
9. Remove and cool completely on baking racks. When cool store treats in an airtight container so your 4 legger doesn’t consume them all at once.
Apple Cranberry Snaps (Wheat free and Vegan)
3 Cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal (not instant)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Applesauce
1 Tbs. Flax seed meal
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Cup dried cranberries (chopped)
1. Mix all ingredients in food processor or large mixing bowl.
2. Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined baking sheet.
3. Bake at 375 until crisp, about 10-15 min (I did longer, and then turned oven off and left them in, I wanted them dryer rather than moist so i could store outside of fridge)
4. Store in airtight container in fridge (honestly I left mine out just watched that they didn’t mold, had no problems… they were eaten too quick)