It’s not often that packages arrive for the 4-leggers… call me cheap or frugal… but I think through dog purchases carefully, especially ones that involve treats which don’t last long. But sometimes I just have to spoil them, especially when it’s free… but more on that later.
Luna and Wyatt are nosey by nature especially when treats are involved.
Luna often tries to use her paws as hands, sometimes it actually does help.
Sometimes she tries the cold shoulder method…
When her methods don’t work, I am always happy to lend a hand.
Look what they found.. a box full of goodies from Mr. Chewy
Dehydrate cheese treats, split deer antlers, some canned food for kong stuffing, Fromm Liver flavored biscuits… need I go on?
How did we get all this for free you ask?? Mr. Chewy.com asked us if we would do a review of of their website for them for a gift card. I was more than happy to oblige. They wanted an honest opinion so here goes.
~*~Home Page / Webpage setup~*~
– Great header displaying the free shipping deals and contact numbers on home page. No need to do a search for contact info
– Inviting, colorful and interesting. I like the menu bar at the top for basic categories.
– I like the further search categories on the left and brand search options to narrow things down for those looking for a particular brand.
– Cart is easily modified
– Nice photos (yeah I am a photo critique, can’t help it being a photographer)
– Searching by brands is tedious due to having to hit “back “and reopening the brand menu. I chose to search by brand due to not wanting to miss out on any treats. Somehow when I searched by price I came up on some items I didn’t first see through the brand search.
– Would be nice to see some treat “type” search options maybe instead of brand. Such as: chews, jerky, soft treats, training treats, made in USA treats etc. Just a thought, my theory is if people are set on a brand they will put it in a search by right away.
– The Promo Code box was difficult to find upon checkout, but eventually I located it on the far right hand side
– I wish there was a “keep shopping” option to make going back to search easier, rather than basically having to start your search all over.
-Love the deal on free shipping when you go over $49… and that the cart keeps you up to date on your progress towards this. It would really make it worth it to order my food from here, if the food I use (Great Life) was offered.
– I love their line about all dogs loving treats but too many makes them fatty pants… nice to see a company warn of giving too many treats to their pets.
-Flea & Tick prices are very comparable to others. It was only $3 dollars more than Costco which is a great deal
– Deer antlers were found to be at a very reasonable price, and I liked that they offered split ones too.
– Merrick brand chews etc were comparably priced to one of my other go to companies (whitedogbone) which was nice to see. Offering bulk prices would be even nicer 🙂
– Treat and Food prices were comparable to store prices as well as some online stores… and they did offer a great variety
– One of my biggest problems with this site is the fact that they choose to sell some very low quality brands. I feel if they are going to bother with some of the highest-end brands (ZiwiPeke, K-9, Fromm etc) then they shouldn’t bother (support) the lower end brands (Beneful, Purina, Cesar). I totally understand some have been feeding these brands for years, but to me it makes a statement.
– I could not buy single cans of dog food, this was a big bummer as I had wanted to try out a few kinds but did not want to buy a case. I know this probably poses shipping problems for them.
~*~ Overall I was quite happy with the variety of selections, just wish they wouldn’t offer such low end brands as it just makes me sad that people buy these simply because they don’t know any better and they are offered. I would love to see more bulk discounts, as that usually gets me back as a buyer. The setup was quite good, and could be great with a bit of menu option changes, though search options/methods were great. Prices were comparable, and the conveniences of shipping (which would end up free with a high end food purchase) would make it a great place to buy treats and food. Thank you Mr. Chewy for your generosity, it gave me a chance to check out some brands and treats I have been wanting to try on my 4-leggers. They may not be picky but they love variety.
One of the chews I have been wanting to try is a split antler in a smaller size than the full deer racks my dogs have had as options. I ordered two medium (4-6 inches) split antlers for the pups to see what they thought.
Well proof is in the pudding… she carried it off to the bed and began to chew
Wyatt was soon to follow. Luna worked hers for nearly 40 minutes and seemed to be enjoying it but then went to take a nap. Wyatt in true Wyatt fashion chewed till he had broken it into pieces after nearly an hour. So all in all the antlers were a success and I may have to bump size up to large for the split ones, good to know.
Hope everyone has had a great weekend…
PS. Luna also approves of the Newman’s Own cheese biscuit found on her nose.